alt:V Multiplayer Forum
Sign in to follow this  
seelrd

Custom vehicle to resource tool

Posted (edited)

Hello!

Some friends doing one very nice server told me they will play against me in CSGO if I create a program that automatically turns vehicle rpf files into resources based on the following tutorial: 

As I really wanted to kill them (in the game, of course), I made this program and I thought it would be useful for others too. I haven't tested it as I have never tried AltV, but based on that tutorial the program works properly. If I have misunderstood something in the tutorial, please tell me and I'll fix it.

The program is based on GTAUtil (https://github.com/indilo53/gtautil) with a new functionality (createmod) added.

Usage

Example: GTAUtil.exe createmod -i one.rpf,two.rpf -o output
This extracts one.rpf and two.rpf (any number of rpf files can be added from 1 to any normal size number, those are read from the working directory where GTAUtil.exe is) to the output directory (will be deleted if exists) like this:

image.png.e117d5ea94e1fb55b5381f65d5281c0f.png

The stream.cfg will look like this:

image.png.e774bc8cf3fb58edf32df4f1966f9a42.png

(ytd and yft files are renamed)

As you can see, the dlc file's name (without extension) is important as that will be the name of the directory and gxt files later.

Please tell me if you have any questions or there is anything that's not working in the correct way.

Edit: oh, yeah, I've forgotten to post the link to download the program. Here it is: https://static.szurti.com/GTAUtil.exe
You also need .NET Framework (I think version 4.7.2).

Edited by seelrd
  • Like 5

Posted (edited)

First of all thx 4 the nice tool 🙂

But something is not working how it should be and I think it's not your fault cause it's a bug from GTAUtil itself?

All *.meta files are not getting extracted properly?? I Don't know.

This is the result after using the tool → which causes AltV to crash:

Picture1.thumb.PNG.72020afd1262b2a14493e0be2714529e.PNG

But if you manually extract it from OpenIV and replace all *.meta files it looks like this and then it works:

Picture2.thumb.PNG.f8ea3dc4ccccf1d712e36fc9c0f8ed18.PNG

Edited by HGGamers
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)

Hello,

Thank you for your notice. It is a bug in GTAUtils, but it was quite simple to fix it, so I did it. The new version can be downloaded from https://static.szurti.com/GTAUtil.exe

Please check and let me know if there is any other problem.

Edited by seelrd

Posted (edited)

Some vehicle mods only provide the .ytd and .yft files. How do I get the .meta files?

Edited by Vistrus